Functional lab testing
The Doctors at Skin specialize in comprehensive, personalized healthcare. We provide individualized lab evaluations and natural treatment solutions to optimize your health. Here at Skin, we believe in testing and not guessing where the root of your problem lies. Let us help you on your journey to health today.
Scientifically Determine how to optimize your health
Functional Lab Tests Offered by the doctors:
1) Micronutrient Panel:
- Vitamin, mineral, and antioxidant deficiencies have been shown to suppress the functions of the immune system leaving us with low energy and more susceptible to chronic diseases like arthritis, cancer, diabetes, obesity, infertility, heart disease, osteoporosis, etc.
- This functional lab is a comprehensive nutritional analysis of the body's intracellular function. It measures 35 selected vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and other essential micronutrients. This analysis can reveal your functional nutritional status over a much longer period of time than conventional serum testing, thus, providing you with a more meaningful measurement than all other nutritional testing.
2) Organic Acid Test:
Abnormally high levels of intestinal yeast and bacteria can results in behavior disorders, hyperactivity, movement discorders, fatigue, SIBO, digestive disorders including constipation/ diarrhea and poor immune function.
Many people with chronic illnesses and neurological disorders often excrete several abnormal organic acids in their urine. The OAT is a urine test that provides a comprehensive metabolic snapshot of a patient's overall health with over 70 markers.
3) Food Sensitivity Panel:
- Food Sensitivities can cause a variety of chronic symptoms which you would never think could be linked to foods. The following health problems and others may be alleviated when you identify, eliminate reactive foods, and health your gut: Weight gain, headaches, joint pain, skin rashes, acne, sinus problems, indigestion, depression, achy muscles, fatigue, fluid retention, gas, bloating, brain fog and more.
- This functional lab determines which foods you are sensitive to with an immuno bloodprint. Your blood print is as individual as your fingerprint.
3) Neurotransmitter Panel:
- Neurotransmitter imbalances can cause a variety of chronic issues. The following health concerns and others may be alleviated when you identify your neurotransmitters and address the imbalances: Chronic fatigue, anxiety, depression, insomnia, moodiness, sleeplessness, cognitive impairment, and more.
- This functional lab determines biochemical imbalances to clinically assess your neurotransmitter levels.
4) Cortisol Panel:
- Cortisol imbalances can cause a variety of chronic issues. The following health concerns and others may be alleviated when you identify your cortisol levels throughout the day and address the imbalances: Stress, afternoon fatigue, insomnia, difficulty sleeping, difficulty waking up after sleep, weight gain, and more.
- This functional lab determines cortisol imbalances throughout the day to clinically assess your adrenal function.
5) Environmental Allergy Panel:
- Allergic responses, immune imbalances, and antigen reactions can cause a variety of chronic issues. These responses may be from one or a combination of pet dander, dust mites, pollen, grass, and many other environmental allergens. The following health concerns and others may be alleviated when you identify your specific immune response and de-sensitize that response over time: Seasonal allergies, frequent sneezing, itchy and water eyes, hives, runny nose, sinus congestion, and more.
- This functional lab determines your specific environmental allergens which helps to determine your individualized sublingual immunotherapy to reduce and/or eliminate your allergy symptoms overtime.